Exclusive to delegates of POWERGEN India, Indian Utility Week and DISTRIBUTECH India, the flagship Summit will provide a unique opportunity to hear first-hand from experts across the energy ecosystem, who will come together to form the nexus of knowledge for India’s energy transition. The Summit will address India’s transformation towards decarbonisation and a comprehensive, cheaper and scalable solution to digital age electricity grids. The multi-track programme will include high-level plenary keynotes and interactive discussions under the following themes:
Building a Modern Power System
AN EVOLVING ENERGY MIX
India’s power generation sector was built on coal, but how the country generates its electricity is now undergoing a significant change. With an ambitious drive to decarbonise through a greater contribution from renewable energy and the resulting need for more operational flexibility by conventional assets, coupled with the shift towards more decentralisation of generation, India’s energy mix is evolving.
Here, we discuss the key opportunities and issues in the generation sector borne from these changes.
A TRANSFORMING UTILITY SECTOR
India’s ambitious target for 450GW of installed renewable capacity by 2030 enhances the need for greater flexibility in the power system. With the rollout of 250million smart meters underway and a forward looking e-mobility transition the digitalisation and adoption of new technologies across the energy sector is paramount.
Here we will discuss the key opportunities and issues for the smart energy community.
With guidance from our expert Advisory Committee, Themes and Topics have been specially chosen to ensure industry practitioners are equipped to adapt to the fast-changing facets of the transitioning energy sector. Delegates will have access to the following plenary sessions and tracks:
- Inauguration Ceremony and Joint Opening Keynote Address
- Track 1: POWERGEN India – ‘An Evolving Energy Mix’
- Track 2: Indian Utility Week & DISTRIBUTECH India – ‘A Transforming Utility Sector’
- Joint Closing Keynote Address
Lunch, refreshments and access to the daily networking receptions will also be provided to Summit Delegates.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
- Independent Power Producers
- Commercial and Industrial Users
- Distributors and Resellers
- Suppliers and Manufacturers
- Government and NGOs
- Academia and Research & Development
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- Investors & Financiers
- Technology Providers
- Associations and Regulatory Bodies
- How coal-fired generation has to evolve to remain a mainstay of India’s power sector
- How to tackle the issue of stressed assets
- How project financing can be restructured to make it easier to secure funding
- How to effectively manage grids to ensure supply reliability and quality for consumers
- How to meet the challenge of ever-greater renewable energy integration